Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub – Soften up that dry flaky skin with this all natural sugar scrub. It is so easy to make! I tried homemade sugar scrubs for the first time last year, and now I’m addicted.
I’ve made orange and lime sugar scrub in the past, but this cucumber mint sugar scrub is a new favorite. There’s a reason why people are always placing slices of cucumbers on their puffy eyes. Cucumbers are full of antioxidants, and are very soothing to the skin. I figured if it’s good for the eyes, it’s gotta be good for the rest of your skin as well.
I love the invigorating scent of peppermint, so I decided to add some peppermint essential oil to this sugar scrub. I think peppermint goes just perfectly with the green color of the cucumbers. It smells so clean and fresh!
Because of the cucumber in this recipe, it will last longer if stored in the refrigerator. It thickens up quite a bit, but it still works just fine. If you want, you can take it out a few minutes before you want to use it so it will soften up a bit. I kept mine at room temperature, and it lasted over a week, but you It’s a refreshing way to start the day!
Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub
- 1/4 cucumber, unpeeled (about 4 slices)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 8-10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Puree cucumber till all the skin is in tiny flecks. Add the sugar and coconut oil and blend till oil is absorbed. Stir in peppermint oil. Store in an airtight container.
- Because of the fresh cucumber, it is best to store this sugar scrub in the refrigerator. You can just scoop out what I’ll need into a little plastic bowl a few minutes before you’re going to use it.
I can’t even tell you how fabulous this stuff smells. And I know you’ll love how soft it makes your skin feel! One word of caution – as with all sugar scrubs, the oil can make the shower floor a tad bit slippery, so be careful. (No bustin’ out the dance moves!)